Owning an antique car is a very rewarding hobby for many car enthusiasts and gearheads alike. Maintaining these older vehicles is a very hands on activity, one that many people take pride in. Restoring and refurbishing antique cars, whether done for personal enjoyment or for car shows, takes a great deal of time and money to accomplish.
While all cars need to be insured according to state law, it’s important to consider the special coverage needs of your antique car. Insurance providers value these vehicles differently than modern cars, largely due to the following:
- Antique cars are typically driven infrequently.
- Replacement parts may be hard to come by and/or more pricey than modern parts.
- Antique cars are often stored in garages, limiting exposure to weather damage.
- Antique car owners often take very good care of these vehicles.
Even though repairs to antique cars may cost more than their modern counterparts, these cars still tend to spend less time on the road. With less road time and more garage storage, antique cars are less likely to face extensive damages.
Other factors that determine what type and how much coverage you need include:
- The vehicle’s agreed upon value
- The age and condition of the vehicle
- Any modifications you’ve made.
Antique car insurance is often more affordable than people think, so don’t limit yourself to the minimum coverage requirements before examining your options. It may be worthwhile to also have collision and/or comprehensive coverage on your vehicle. Your agent can help you determine the best policy for your needs.
Get started today. Call Ten Eyck Group at (518) 464-0059 for more information on Albany antique car insurance.