Health Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Health Insurance Information
Albany, Schenectady, Troy, Saratoga, NY
Having quality health insurance gives a peace of mind that is hard to measure. Knowing you are covered for your preventive, on-going or unexpected healthcare needs is one less area of concern in your life. Employers that are proficient at attracting and retaining high quality employees know that health insurance is a key component to their benefit package.
The insurance professionals at Ten Eyck Group understand that every business, individual and family is unique. We will listen to your medical/pharmaceutical needs, establish a plan and service policies that fit your budget. Get the coverage you need by calling us at (518) 464-0059 or click here to request more information.
We can also assist with alternate funding arrangements to off-set deductibles, coinsurance and copayments. It is popular in today's market to employ the use of Self-funding, Health Reimbursement Arrangements, Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts to put your business and employees in the best possible position.
Common Health Insurance Questions
What Are Networks And How Do They Differ?
The four main types of networks are:
- PPO - Preferred Provider Organization. Extended or National coverage. In and out of network coverage, can see any provider but cost savings by using participating providers.
- EPO - Exclusive Provider Organization. Extended or National coverage. In network coverage only. Must see a participating provider or plan will not pay for any claim other than emergent care.
- HMO - Health Maintenance Organization. Local, in network coverage. Typically need a Primary Care Physician that directs care, may need referrals.
- POS - Point of Service. Typically utilize a local network. In and out of network coverage, can see any provider but cost savings by using participating providers.
What Is A Premium And Who Pays?
Premiums are monthly payments made to a carrier for insurance coverage.
- On a Group Insurance Policy, the company may pay all or part of the premiums. The employee may pay all or part of the premiums. Premiums the employee pays may typically be deducted from their pay before taxes.
- On Individual policies, the individual pays. These payments may be reduced with government assistance depending on household income. Individual premiums are not paid pre-tax.
What Is A Cost Share?
- Deductible - An annual amount that must be met before the insurance carrier starts to pay. Typically waived for preventive services such as annual physicals and well-child exams.
- Co-Pay - A flat dollar amount that is charged each time a service is utilized.
- Coinsurance - A percentage of the total cost of a claim the member must pay.