Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
What is Auto Insurance?
If you own and intend to operate your car, Auto Liability Insurance is mandatory in NYS. It is meant to provide coverage, albeit minimum coverage, to protect others if you cause injury to them or damage to their property. It will also provide basic coverage to you for injuries that you sustain in an Auto accident, unless you are found to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, then your Personal Injury Protection is void.
There are 4 Auto major insurance components; Liability, Medical, Uninsured Motorist & Physical damage coverage.
• Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
• Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and lost wages.
• Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – Provides coverage for your injuries sustained in an Auto accident that exceeds your own limits AND the person responsible for the accident did not have ANY coverage or sufficient limits to reimburse your medical expenses.
• Physical Damage* coverage pays for damage to or the theft of (Comprehensive & Collision) your car.
*If you're financing a car, your lender will require that you maintain physical damage coverage for the life of the loan. If you are leasing your car, the lender will mandate certain limits for Liability coverage as well.
If you have purchased physical damage coverage for your car, you will likely want to add these coverages as well.
• Full Glass – Provides coverage in full, without ANY deductible, for damage to the areas of glass on your car.
• Rental – Provides coverage up to the amount listed in your policy. Coverage is likely on a per day/per accident basis to rent a car WHEN your car is damaged in an incident and unable to be driven and/or in the body shop for repair. As an aside, the cost of rental cars have gone through the roof since the chip shortage. Therefore, increasing this coverage limit on your Auto policy shouldn’t be overlooked. It will spare you the surprise of sharing the cost of a rental car to get you in a comparable car while yours is being repaired.
• Towing – Provides coverage per disablement, up to the amount listed in your policy, if your car is undriveable and tow service is required.
Why do you need auto insurance?
Most will say that It's about protecting yourself financially. To insure the value of your car, your injuries if you are hurt in a car accident and your assets if you are sued as a result of an accident that you cause. Often times we neglect to see that it is the morally responsible thing to do.
• To be accountable to someone else for causing their injury or damage to their property in attempt to make them whole again.
• If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
• If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
• If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
Questions to ask your agent.
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding Auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
• What Liability limit am I comfortable with to protect my current and future assets as well as my wages at stake in the event of a serious claim that I am found responsible for?
• How much can I afford to pay out of pocket as a deductible if I get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
• If I have an accident, who do I call? Will you help me through the claims process?
• What discounts are available? (Ask about Account Discounts for bundling your home, auto, umbrella, valuables, boat, Multiple Cars in the household, Defensive Driving, Highest Level of Education, Driver Education, Good Student, Student Away at College over 100 miles WITHOUT a car, Plug-in telematics, Low Mileage, Home Ownership, Anti-lock Brakes, Daytime Running Lights, Passive Restraint, Airbags, Alarm Systems, Stability Control, 24/7 Personal Use of a Company provided car, Years with your prior carrier, Higher Liability coverage, policy payment types i.e. Pay in Full, Recurring EFT/Credit Card rather than to receive your bill by mail, etc.
• Tell me more about the benefits of this policy? Can I purchase First Accident Forgiveness where my first at-fault accident’s surcharge is waived? Does this policy have a Decreasing Deductible for each year that I am loss free? Am I able to purchase Replacement Cost on the value of my car?
Contact us today to learn more about who we are and how we do, what we do…all with you and your Insurance needs in mind.